History of the Company
The company was founded in 1954 as Steed Signs Pty Ltd growing into Adelaide's leading sign company, providing a full range of services which included signwriting, plastic fabrication, illuminated signs and screenprinting.
In 1973 a separate company was formed due to demand for flags and decorative bunting. The Flag Centre of Australia grew into a diverse company supplying nationally to a vast range of retail and wholesale clients.
This phenonemal growth was fuelled by involvement in large scale events including 11 years as official flag and banner supplier to the Australian Formula One Grand Prix.
Being the largest licensee for the Jubilee 150 celebrations in 1986 in South Australia and one of the largest licensees nationally for the Australian Bicentennial in 1988 we were inspired to enter the promotional product industry. This area has grown at the same rate to now become the largest sector of the company.
It became evident that our diverse range of services must be brought together under one name, hence the change to our new identity, Wava Corporation Pty Ltd was born in July 1998. This change has proved to be the correct path and the acceptance of the new name has catapulted the company into an exciting and encouraging future, moving rapidly ahead into the new Millennium.
Wava Corporation Pty Ltd
APPA (Australian Promotional products Association)
Personal - Ivan Steed
Foundation Fellow - Australian Institute of Company Directors